Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday Special: Two For the Price Of One

let the dead carry their own
he said, and i trust
him. 
there is no lie behind his eyes
but i just cannot 
put this down.

i'd need a rubric
or someone with
shoulders stronger.

Removal.
Removal.
 just Beats in my brain.

Remember.
Remember,
even He wept.

 < --------------------------------------------------------------------------

the crush of youth
is heavy on me,
when i feel so old.

my skin is parchment.
my bones too brittle.
i have to dance slowly
these days
one wrong move
and 
SNAP!
gold dust   
 from the most
ancient of deserts
floating on the wind.

there is dirt in my blood, and 
words excised 
into my parchment skin

that are older
than language.

i cannot say  how my skin reads,
but
i learn myself 
from people i meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me about it...