Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Idoles Brisées/ The Truth Between Is the Same


i find your lack of remorse
frankly, appalling
your narcissism holds up the mirror
for me to see myself 
more clearly
your crocodile tears
glisten sweetly
like the gleam in your eye

i would run from you
but i know you'd give chase
brutal, wrenching chase 

you are the black cat i fought with
the stifling heat from the fire
the weariness in my bones
the wariness in my heart

you are the keen and needy distance
i put between myself
and everyone else

you are the need to hurt
and break
you are the plush extra
and the sharp lack

you are unnecessary to me now
(maybe you always were)
i can cut you out
and burn you down
but you will not be erased

no, never erased
and so you will too 
become the void

better the void
than the presence

for the ghosts you banish into a void
can never return from it to haunt you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me about it...