Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A.M.

bringing breath into the bowl of my belly
violent pink and gold over the horizon

wind moving through trees
exhale of intention

inhaling the new air of a new day
mistakes, regret and self-abuse from yesterday
are fortunately already the past

the present is stealing over the line of the ridge
shimmering and warm

i will grasp it
and bring it, too, into the bowl of my belly

it will radiate out from me
on the thousands of exhales through today

i will pass it along

shoulders roll down like water
soft and sure

forehead to floor in gratitude
palms to heart center

yes, remember your center
it is steady
a metronome

my metronome counts out the song of the day
i will sing it with mouth wide open
and smile from my center

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me about it...