Sunday, June 14, 2009

Things I Found In My Yard This Morning

This morning,

it was cool, but not cold. There was still enough dew on the grass to wet my toes. I found these things:

my neighbor, cozy on his side porch, paper in hand, but at a friendly level, so conversation isn't ruled out.

the slam of the screen door as his wife joins him, before their daughters wake up. Their voices are low, and then
the sound of his wife's laughter - the two of them flirting right out in the open, not noticing me

the birds waking up, warming up their voices (it sounds like choir practice)

The crystal chandelier pendant half-buried in the dirt - that I found, instantly treasured, and simultaneously lost half of

the dung beetle-thing, rolling a ball of...dog hair?

a four-leaf clover

the remnants of a brown and blue spotted egg

impressively obese bees already hard at work

a lightning fast lizard with a shockingly-blue tail

a last rosebud

the remnants of a snake skin (after it had been mowed over, I guess)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me about it...