Wednesday, August 11, 2010

le Matin

hello, Wednesday.
 
i just love mornings.
it's the part of the day, almost everyday
when i wake up, watch the sun rise, make a pot of tea, 
burn incense
and breathe deeply.
in the mornings, i tell myself
that i will keep all the promises i've made to me.

if you wake up early enough,
it feels like the whole world is a secret
just for you.

i try not to do anything that i hate, first thing in the morning.
like, no homework or household chores first thing on waking.
sometimes i knit.
and i like to be quiet.

the shower is the transition.
maybe it's the water, or the chill on my skin after i step out...
whatever it is, it brings the Day.
so i make my daily list in the shower. 
sometimes i dance in the shower, or cry.
sometimes i sing opera.
anyway, i do something to break my quiet.

haven't made it to the shower yet.
but there is a paper to be written, glooming and moaning around my house.
he has spread himself around like a shadow...
i hate him, for ruining my morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me about it...