Sunday, April 25, 2010

Reaching Out To Touch. Something.


pretty sure
i'd rather
write a letter

than send you a TXT

i use the heft and weight
of the pen
to carve out 
the words i want to say

and there is nothing
 quite like
the smell of old books
or finding things
between the pages

beats the hell
out of Kindle
any day

don't "message me" on
Facebook
it makes the bile
rise in my throat

call me

i miss the warm timbre
of human voices
talking to me


a Digital Camera
cannot
capture and suspend
the images
that i seek to fix
in my memory

 not the way
film
does so
effortlessly

i miss permanence

and i fear
we are losing

the art of conversation
has left us

we are
swept away
on the tide
of our own
selfish
convenience
and
the collective lust
for instant
 gratification


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me about it...