Monday, November 16, 2009

At The Outdoor Cafe

right now, i am grateful for the sweater-coat
and the rust colored tights I am wearing

i am grateful for the apple cider at its
drinkable temperature

i am grateful that the trees above me
still have leaves left to fall

i am grateful for the late rays of
a sun going down

i am grateful for the cool breeze
that tousles my hair
(and makes me more grateful for the sun and the sweatercoat)

i am grateful for sight, tactile sense, and
my husband's beard
to keep his chin warm

i am grateful for the gold and red leaves
floating on the surface of the water

i am grateful for the cheery chuckles
of people sitting nearby

i am grateful for crumbs, strewn over mossy bricks
for tiny sparrows watching with bright eyes

i am grateful
and lucky
and blessed
and remembered

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me about it...