Monday, September 28, 2009

On The Day She Learned To Tribe

Yesterday, I caught a glimpse of the ethereal threads that bind us all together.
They were gossamer and fragile, and
shimmering, like the sun on a spiderweb, that is strung among the leaves.

I am learning that "tribe" exists in the every day encounter.

I am learning that "sister" is a broad, encompassing term that has very little to do with blood, age, or the color of skin. The number of sisters you have is limited only by the number of women you know.

I am learning that "beauty" is vast and powerful, and sometimes hovers below the skin's surface, waiting for the one that will appreciate it. Then it unleashes in awesome and terrifying glory.

I am learning that the strongest bonds and most profound friendships (the ones that take your breath away) are sometimes the ones that are forged in seconds, instead of years.

I am learning that Dance is no trivial movement of muscles, but rather a canvas on which the best dancers apply the many hues of human emotion. The most brilliant dancers paint in technicolor, but sometimes monochrome is all we know.

I am learning how to speak my truths.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me about it...